Thursday, January 10, 2008

Griftin pencils

I wanted another picture to practice inking, so I drew this up today. This is about 3 and a half hours worth of drawing. I'm pretty happy with it, even though when I first started sketching out the poses, nothing was working. There's still some remnants I can notice even now, but for the most part it turned out ok.

I wanted to record this and speed the whole thing up including inks and perhaps maybe colours too, but the tape ran out half way through. I only captured up to about Griftin (guy on the right) and half way through Giar (the big guy on the left).
I might post up a sped up version of that capture sometime soon.

2 comments:

scottboy76 said...

lookin nice dude. your drawings have a wicked comic book style.

what were u usin to capture it a video camera? there is software u can use apparently. obviously that won't capture the paul actually turnin and smilin at the cam occasionally but it won't run out of tape either. i'll look into it some time. if u find a good one in the meantime let me know.

btw your inked drawings below look great too. especailly love the fat dude lookin surprised.

Rex said...

Thanks dude, yeah I was just using my handycam on a tripod. Pity the film ran out, that's a bitch. I tried to capture using the webcam function but it didn't want to work for me, the camera would turn off after not being active for more than 10 minutes.

The program I know of is called FRAPS, but it's mostly used for in game footage I think. I tried to use that aswell but it wouldn't work, it kept capturing windows media player for some reason... I don't understand.

Hey thanks man, I've been working on my inks a lot lately, trying to thicken it all up.

I can't wait for you to do more art man, you rock, let's churn it up boooiii!

--Paul